In a region of water like the one of our campsite in Vias, the offers of navigation are multiple and varied.
WE ADVISE YOU :
- THE CANAL DU MIDI : a must ! Unique structures (locks, bridges, tunnels), shady natural landscapes and soothing!
Several boats, of different sizes, for several types of guided tours: Les Bateaux du Soleil www.bateaux-du-soleil.fr invite you to discover the prestigious sites of the Canal du Midi and the Etang de Thau.
- Daytime lunch cruise on the Canal du Midi. From Agde or Béziers. Passage of the Libron works, several locks and the canal bridge over the Orb. Return by bus. Duration 6 hours. Meal included or picnic brought by yourself.
- Day cruise around Béziers. The historical walk with the 9 locks of Fonseranes and the tunnel of Malpas. Duration 4h45. Meal included or picnic brought by yourself.
- Transfer by bus to Marseillan and navigation on the Canal du Midi to Agde. Total duration 3 hours.
- Afternoon cruise around Béziers. The 9 locks of Fonseranes, the bridge-canal and the big lock of the Orb, the Port Neuf. Duration 1h45.
The Bath’o du Canal
rent electric boats without a license from Portiragnes.
Easy to drive, boats of 5 and 7 seats, silent and non-polluting for trips of 30mn to 5h30 (maximum duration of 2h30 from 15/07 to 30/08).
Various suggested routes:
- The lock of Portiragnes, singular and typical of the Canal du Midi with its rounded shape.
- The works of the Libron, a technical feat dating back to 1760 and still in use!
- The bridge of Trois-Yeux, superb. Access by crossing the Libron works and a “wilder” part of the canal.
- The round lock of Agde, unique in its kind.
- L’ETANG DE THAU : a magical atmosphere and a visit that combines the pleasure of navigation and a feast for the taste buds.
Several companies offer boat trips on the pond, with comments on the shellfish farms and oyster tasting. The mode of culture being unique in France, the visit is even more interesting, especially since the panorama is beautiful.
The Mediterranean :
Departure from Grau d’Agde or from La Tamarissière.
Lively and instructive commentary provided by the captain, son of the Agatha region.
Discover the different sea outings you can do with your partner, family or friends:
- Unforgettable fishing trips at sea. Initiation, exchange and sharing off the Mediterranean. In the morning or in the evening. Duration 3h to 3h30.
- Cruise from Grau d’Agde to Sète with a view of the entire coastline and a 3-hour stopover in Sète to enjoy the market and stroll around town. Duration 6 hours.
- Walk along the volcanic coast of Cap d’Agde, the Grande Conque (black sand beach), the island of Fort Brescou (former prison). Duration 1 hour.
NOT TO BE MISSED
- Sardinade evening: enjoy the charm of a sardinade and grill evening on the island of Fort Brescou, 20 minutes by boat.
- Fireworks evening: on board a boat, have a front row seat for the fireworks festival of Agde.