In a region of water, navigation possibilities are many and varied.
WE ADVISE YOU:
- THE MIDI CANAL (Canal du Midi): a must! Unique structures (locks, bridges, tunnels), natural landscapes shaded and so soothing!
The Bateaux du Soleil invite you to discover the prestigious sites of the Canal du Midi and Etang de Thau.
Several boats, of variable sizes, for several types of guided tours:
- Lunch cruise during the day on the Canal du Midi. From Agde or Béziers. Passage of the Libron structures, several locks and the canal bridge over the Orb. Return by bus. Duration 6h. Meals included or picnic brought by yourself.
- day cruise around Béziers. The historic trip with the 9 locks of Fonseranes and the Malpas tunnel. Duration 4h45. Meals included or picnic brought by yourself.
- Afternoon promenade cruise around Agde. Transfer by bus to Marseillan and navigation on the Canal du Midi to Agde. Total duration 3h.
- Afternoon promenade cruise around Béziers. The 9 locks of Fonseranes, the canal bridge and the large lock Orb, Port Neuf. Duration 1:45.
The Bath'o du Canal rent electric boats without a license, departure from Portiragnes.
Easy to drive, boats of 5 and 7 seats, quiet and non-polluting for trips from 30 minutes to 5:30 (maximum duration of 2:30 from the 15/07 to the 30/08).
Various suggested routes:
- the Portiragnes lock, unique and typical of the Canal du Midi with its rounded shape.
- The Libron's works, a technical feat dating from 1760 and still in use!
- the bridge of Trois-Yeux, superb. Access by crossing the Libron and a more "wild" part of the canal.
- the Agde round lock, one of a kind.
- ETANG DE THAU: a magical atmosphere and a visit that combines pleasure of navigation and taste buds feast.
Several companies offer boat trips on the lagoon, with commentary on shellfish parks and oyster tasting. The culture is unique in France, which makes the visit even more interesting, especially as the panorama is beautiful.
- from Marseillan www.promenade-bateau-marseillan.com
- from Meze www.mansathau.com
- from Bouzigues www.promenade-bouzigues.fr
- The Mediterranean: to discover the infinite and a very pleasant varied coast.
From Grau d'Agde or La Tamarissière.
Live and instructive comments provided by the captain, born in the Agathe country.
Discover the different outings to sea for two, with family or friends:
- unforgettable fishing trips at sea. Initiation, exchange and sharing on the Mediterranean. In the morning or semi-nocturnal. Duration 3h to 3h30.
- Cruise from Grau d'Agde to Sète with a view of the whole coast and a stopover of 3 hours in Sète to enjoy the market and stroll through the city. Duration 6h.
- sea trips along the volcanic coast of Cap d'Agde, the Grande Conque (black sand beach), the island of Fort Brescou (former prison). Duration 1h.
DO NOT MISS IN HIGH SEASON:
- Sardinade evening: enjoy the charm of a sardinade and evening grill on the island of Fort Brescou 20 minutes by boat.
- fireworks evening: on board of a boat, be at the forefront of the fireworks festival in Agde.