When camping, everyone imagines making a little meal with the stove, in the middle of nature, or possibly lighting a campfire and roasting marshmallows on the beach with the kids.
Problem: in our region, we are in the red zone, and we cannot light anything whatever the season, summer or winter. Even the autumn leaves can’t be burned, that’s how much!
And with the plancha, not only do you cook safely outdoors, but you also eat healthily because the food is never in contact with a flame.
Here are 5 recipes to show you that you can really cook everything on a plancha, from savory to sweet.
1. THE PITA BREAD FROM THE CAP SOLEIL CAMPSITE A LA PLANCHA
The advantage of pita bread is that you can fill it with anything you want, like a small sandwich, and that’s very camping! You could also make your own bread.
INGREDIENTS FOR CAPE SOLEIL PITA BREAD
3 cups of flour
1 packet of instant baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
2 cups of warm water
A little olive oil to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the middle of the mixture, then pour in the warm water. Mix until the paste is homogeneous, adding a little oil if necessary. Then divide the dough into balls.
- Spread each ball on a smooth, floured surface to form discs about 6 cm in diameter. Place disks on a flat plate and cover with a damp cloth before placing in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Heat the griddle over medium-high heat and place the pita breads one by one on the griddle for a few minutes (until they are gradually puffed up and toasted). Then turn the bread over to the other side and continue baking for a few more minutes. Once cooked, serve hot with a little tuna, feta cheese and sun vegetables inside.
2. TOMATO EGGS FROM THE SAVANNAH
Early in the morning after your breakfast, head to the Cap Soleil convenience store to buy sun-ripened tomatoes, fresh basil and eggs.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE TOMATO EGGS A LA PLANCHA
A little olive oil
6 tomatoes of the same size
10 basil leaves
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them into fairly thick pieces.
- Cook them on the plancha without adding oil
- Wait for them to give up their juice.
- Once they are dry, add a drizzle of olive oil on top and on the plancha so that the eggs do not stick.
- Break the eggs over the tomatoes and cook without stirring.
- Add the basil leaves at the very end, so that it does not cook.
- Add salt and pepper.
This super simple yet sunny recipe will appeal to children and can even be enjoyed as breakfast.
3. FAJITAS DE VIAS: BEEF AND PEPPERS
In Vias, it’s fajitas! Beware of competition fajitas! At the campsite everyone will want to have lunch in your mobile home!
Here is what you need for 4 people:
INGREDIENTS FOR YOUR FAJITAS A LA PLANCHA
700g of beef strips
1 small can of corn
Guacamole: 2 avocados, 1/2 red onion, 1 pressed garlic clove, 1 fresh tomato, 1/2 lime
1 Greek yogurt
Spices: chili blend
- Marinate the meat for 5 minutes with the lemon juice and the chili spice mix
- Wash the vegetables and cut them into strips
- Cook them gently on the plancha with the corn
- Prepare the guacamole: peel the avocados and mash the flesh with a fork. Add remaining ingredients (onion, garlic, tomato) and mix well until smooth.
- Add the meat to the vegetable mixture for a few moments.
- Slip it into a tortilla and enjoy.
If you want to make your own tortilla, it’s easy: take the pita bread recipe, but don’t use yeast. You have a tortilla dough to cook on your plancha.
4. PINEAPPLE BRONZED A LA PLANCHA
Irresistible in summer, the pineapple is eaten cold, we drink its juice, we lick our fingers. And we do not think of making it roast on its plancha. But it’s so good!
INGREDIENTS TO BE MULTIPLIED BY THE NUMBER OF GUESTS
Fresh pineapple to cut up
- Fill a soup plate with brown sugar
- Pass the pineapple slices back and forth across the plate
- Place the slices on the plancha until they reach a caramel color
- Sprinkle with finely chopped mint.
For those with a sweet tooth, add a scoop of ice cream of your choice (raspberry goes very well).
💡 Don’t forget that there is a freezer section in your mobile homes’ fridges!
5. CHOCOLATE CAKE WITHOUT OVEN THANKS TO THE PLANCHA
It is too hot to turn on the oven. And the weather is so nice to cook outside! If you don’t know how to make friends at the campsite, make this recipe that will smell good from miles away.
INGREDIENTS AND MATERIAL FOR THE CAMPING CHOCOLATE CAKE
1 packet of baking powder
20g of cornstarch
40g of sugar
100 ml milk (or plant milk)
80g of flour
70g of dark chocolate 70% melted
1 banana (not required)
1 15 cm circle, parchment paper and 1 large stainless steel bowl.
In a bowl, combine eggs and sugar.
Add cornstarch, flour and yeast.
Stir in milk and melted chocolate.
On the hot griddle, place a sheet of paper and the circle.
Pour the dough into the circle and start baking. Arrange banana pieces as desired.
Cover with stainless steel bowl and cook until knife dipped in cake no longer sticks.
Turn out immediately to stop cooking.
AT CAP SOLEIL, THERE IS A CHOICE
It’s true that on vacation, we don’t really feel like cooking. Or, quick, convenient and without a lot of washing up. That’s why our easy plancha recipes will allow you to enjoy your terrace and do things a little differently.
And if you are missing an ingredient, you can make up for it in our restaurant Le Massaï or have a fresh snack at Croc’Cap.
Finally, the best for last: collective barbecues are allowed in the reserved areas of the campsite.